Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Tricks

I thought I would write down some of the new "tricks" that the kiddos are doing now!

Thatcher
The big news is that Thatcher is now climbing out of his crib. When he first starting doing this he really scared me a couple of times! I was used to thinking when he was down he was down! He now comes out of his room probably close to 30 times before he actually goes to sleep (for nap time at least). When he goes to sleep for the night he will only come out probably 3-5 times, and give up and go to sleep. I believe it is because he is so tired from not taking as long of naps anymore! Thatcher is also becoming quite the chatter box. He talks and talks all day. He has learned all of his basic body parts, so we have now moved on to more complex ones like "elbow" "thumb" and "knee". One thing I have noticed about Thatcher, he loves to learn! I will only have to show or tell him something once, and he learns it.

Taggart
Taggy is five months old today! I can't believe how fast the time goes by, I cannot believe he has only been in our family for five months! I don't remember life without him. He is a perfect addition to our little family. Taggy is now sleeping great at night and he takes two pretty regular naps a day. He put himself on this schedule, we were shocked! He hasn't rolled over yet, but rolls from side to side and bats at his play gym. He loves to be held and I find myself holding him on my lap while I type on the computer, play with Thatcher, or watch TV. He, like his brother, loves to laugh. He will laugh and laugh and laugh. Just recently Thatcher has realised for the first time that Taggart probably isn't a pet and has a personality and has started to take interest in playing with him. It still baffles him why Taggart doesn't play back like his friends do, but he soon will find out that is about to change!

No comments: