Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thankful Tom

It was a tradition in my family to make a shoe box turkey (called Thankful Tom) and 'stuff' him with little notes of what we were thankful for. Then at Thanksgiving dinner my Dad would read all the notes and we would guess who wrote them. It was a fun tradition. Well last night for FHE we had a little lesson about being thankful and then made our Thankful Tom. Thatcher has been having a hard time letting go of the whole Halloween concept, so I have been talking about turkeys a lot lately, but I don't think he knew what a turkey looked like until last night! He now is going around saying, 'ahhhh scary turkey!'...I keep having to remind him that turkeys are not scary and Halloween is over! I told him that turkeys are not scary, they are funny...which he replied, 'no mommy, turkeys are not funny.' Alright, I stand corrected. We are excited to stuff Thankful Tom with all things we are grateful for!


Thatcher having a 'gobbly' time!


Todd helping Thatcher color a picture of what he is thankful for...


The finished product.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "Thankful Tom"!! The moving eyes are the best addition! How fun!! Thatcher did such a good job!!

You kids loved to make pictures of what you were thankful for and then stuff Tom to the max!! Remember??

Then when you were all older it became fun to see who could come up with the funniest thankful message...you all are such characters...fun memories!

We were wondering if you all were going to have fun with the Thankful Gobbler this Thanksgiving--can hardly wait to fill him up when we get there!

Love ya all,
MOM

mylittlegems said...

Way cute idea. I have to tell you that today when Landon got up from his nap he said, "Thatcher (in his English accent) is my BEST friend. He needs to come home with us in our car." So Thatcher has acheived quite an Honorable Name at our house- as the "best friend". :)

The Holyoaks said...

So cute. I want one!

Cottrells said...

Love the Thankful Tom, what a great idea!

Jenny said...

Great idea! I think we'll give it a try...

McCallisters said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Rachael! I love your "Thankful Tom." I am going to have to steal your idea. Guess what? I finally made a blog. There is only one post so far, but check it out from time to time. Hope you are well.

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hi Rachael, I got your comment on my website cutestblogontheblock. I am working on offering both sizes, the wide and skinnier ones, because some peoples computer screens are different sized and need different templates. So thank you for your comment, and check back soon for more sizes. :)

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hi again Rachael, I just wanted to let you know, I have made the correct changes to my website so that now there are two options for sizes to pick from. Go check it out and pick one that works best with your monitor size.. :)

Ashley
cutestblogontheblock