Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sunday Will Come

One of my most very favorite pictures.
Go here for one of my most very favorite talks.


So happy to be celebrating Easter with my little family.

Tomorrow the boys will receive baskets bursting with goodies.

I will make an Easter feast for us to come home to after church is through.

Tomorrow we will hunt for eggs, eat too much, and enjoy this Easter holiday together .

But as for tonight, before the Easter festivities begin,

I am sitting here thinking about that great event that happened so many years ago,

and the reason for our celebration tomorrow.

And I am overwhelmed with gratitude,

for I have the knowledge that I will see my dearest of loved ones again.

And that because of Jesus Christ's resurrection, we can be together forever, even after death.

I know the sting of death is very real, but I love the words of Paul,

“O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

I know this is real and true, that the resurrection isn't just a nice story or a fable,

but in reality really happened.

I am grateful for Easter where we can remember this most wonderful of miracles,

and what it means for each of us.

1 comment:

Chrissi said...

I'm so happy that you loved the royal wedding as much as I did! I agree, the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen.

Also, in regards to your previous post... I'm so sorry that you and Todd and struggling with secondary infertility. I wish that there was something remotely helpful that I could say, but please know that your sweet family is in my prayers. I hope that you can feel peace and comfort as your continue on this journey.