We are VERY excited to announce that I am pregnant and due with baby #3 around
Valentines Day!!
It was a long road to get this baby here...
We went through a few years of various fertility treatments, had a few losses, and eventually last summer decided to take a break from "trying" and just relax and enjoy life.
I really feel that taking that break was such a great decision.
For the majority of this past school year I could just really enjoy my boys, my husband, my family, the holidays, etc. and just be me again without the constant thought in the back of my mind about having another baby.
Infertility can do funny things to you.
Even though I have two amazing boys who I love so dearly, and my infertility came later for me, it is and was so, so difficult. I knew and felt that we were supposed to have more kids, and knowing that and not being able to get pregnant was extremely hard.
I will say that for the last four years I have grown so much in so many ways.
Even though the trial was difficult and I really wouldn't wish it on anybody, if this is what it took for me to grow the way I did, and learn what I learned, and develop spiritually like I have,
I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
In April I felt that it was time to end the break and start thinking about having another child again. At first we were discussing adoption, but the more we talked about it, it just didn't feel right at this time.
I always said that I would never do IVF.
Mostly because it is SO invasive and I am not a fan of shots or procedures.
But in April things just started to fall into place, and for the first time in a long time I felt a lot of hope and direction.
I was recommended a new Fertility Specialist by a friend in my ward.
We went to see him and instantly when we walked into the office I felt a tremendous feeling of peace and comfort and knew that we were doing the right thing.
He recommended after all we had been through to go straight to IVF, and we decided right there that day that we would do it.
The next few weeks and months were filled with lots of shots, about four a day.
Acupuncture, several procedures, and a lot of ups and downs.
It really is an emotional roller coaster of a ride.
Through it all I felt such an abundance of comfort and peace,
and I know I was given strength beyond my own to do that which was very hard for me.
I also was supported by my wonderful husband, family and friends.
I could literally feel prayers for me, and I am so grateful for the amazing people that I am lucky enough to know and surround me in my life.
Through it all we witnessed many miracles and prayers were answered.
On June 4th we put back these 8 celled embryos...
...and then we waited 2 weeks to find out if one or both "took".
One did!
And yes we were grateful it was one.
It was to me another witness of how well Heavenly Father knows us, doesn't give us more than we can handle!
It was such a sweet experience holding Todd's hand and
hearing the heartbeat of our little fetus at 7 weeks.
We got to see and hear it again at 8 weeks, and 9 weeks, and just last week at 12.5 weeks.
We are excited.
The boys are so thrilled, they had no idea about any of it, so it came as a bit of a surprise that they will soon be big brothers.
We look forward to finding out the gender next month, the rest of this pregnancy, and meeting this little one in February.
In the end I just need to say that God is good.
He knows us, He loves us, and if we trust in Him through it all..He will lead us to where we need to be. It isn't always the way we want, or in our timing,
but it really does all work out for our good.
I thought I knew this before, but experiencing it first hand has been one of the most invaluable lessons of my life.


3 comments:
congrats! i'm so excited for you! you are such an example to me. and you so how always tell me what i need to hear. thanks!
This is so sweet. Thanks so much for sharing your story. Heavenly father is so amazing and gives us exactly what we need. He knows what experiences we need and the spiritual results are so much more important than the physical results. I am so happy for you guys and best wishes with the little one!
Love you! This baby couldn't be coming to a more wonderful vegan fam!
Post a Comment