This a picture of the zone Todd and I served in together in Malta. 
October is a special month for me and not because of Halloween...October 24, 2001 Todd and I both entered the MTC and started our missions. I cannot believe it has been 5 years! For me that one decision that I made to serve a mission has impacted my life like I never could have imagined. Elder Scott has said that everything good that has come to him in his life, has come as the direct result of serving a mission. I feel the same way. Before I left on my mission my father gave me a blessing that said that I will meet people who I will know throughout the eternities. I met people on my mission who have left impressions on my life that will forever effect me. I was blessed to have made best friends out of my companions, and we still keep in touch to this day, now all of us wives and mothers. I was privileged to serve around, in my opinion, some of the most amazing missionaries ever. I saw miracles on my mission that changed me, and strengthened my faith. I am a different person because I served a mission. It was there I really found out who I was, and what I wanted to be. And of course, it was on my mission that I met my wonderful husband, Todd. My good friend Shalee says that God must have a sense of humor because he made Italy into the shape of boot, I would have to agree because the way that I met Todd is one funny story. Lets just say, it was NOT love at first sight! We started in the MTC in sister districts and hardly ever spoke (mostly because Todd only spoke Italian!) When we went to Italy we were sent to our first city together. There we were in Italy on a train traveling from Catania to Cosenza, a 8 hour trip, alone. We didn't really speak, but I was impressed that he never once let me touch my luggage, he insisted on carrying them for me. We served together six weeks and then I was transferred but then we were reunited in Malta four months later. Out of my 18 month mission, I served 14 months with Todd in my district. I actually think it is comical now looking back at how much of my mission my future husband was right there with me. I remember nights talking to my companions about our future husbands and in reality mine was just down the street! I don't know why we served together for such a long time, and most people when they find out that we were around each other that long raise an eye brow, but for me I never thought of Todd as anything more than "Elder Bishop" until the last week of my mission when I realized how great of a team we made together, and we do. I love that Todd and I served together because we share something so wonderful, and I am excited for the day when we can be missionaries again, but this time as companions. So, here we are five years later, married with two adorable kiddos. I am grateful that 5 years ago I entered the MTC to serve a mission, that I made that decision with the help of the spirit, and for all the blessings that have come into my life since.

October is a special month for me and not because of Halloween...October 24, 2001 Todd and I both entered the MTC and started our missions. I cannot believe it has been 5 years! For me that one decision that I made to serve a mission has impacted my life like I never could have imagined. Elder Scott has said that everything good that has come to him in his life, has come as the direct result of serving a mission. I feel the same way. Before I left on my mission my father gave me a blessing that said that I will meet people who I will know throughout the eternities. I met people on my mission who have left impressions on my life that will forever effect me. I was blessed to have made best friends out of my companions, and we still keep in touch to this day, now all of us wives and mothers. I was privileged to serve around, in my opinion, some of the most amazing missionaries ever. I saw miracles on my mission that changed me, and strengthened my faith. I am a different person because I served a mission. It was there I really found out who I was, and what I wanted to be. And of course, it was on my mission that I met my wonderful husband, Todd. My good friend Shalee says that God must have a sense of humor because he made Italy into the shape of boot, I would have to agree because the way that I met Todd is one funny story. Lets just say, it was NOT love at first sight! We started in the MTC in sister districts and hardly ever spoke (mostly because Todd only spoke Italian!) When we went to Italy we were sent to our first city together. There we were in Italy on a train traveling from Catania to Cosenza, a 8 hour trip, alone. We didn't really speak, but I was impressed that he never once let me touch my luggage, he insisted on carrying them for me. We served together six weeks and then I was transferred but then we were reunited in Malta four months later. Out of my 18 month mission, I served 14 months with Todd in my district. I actually think it is comical now looking back at how much of my mission my future husband was right there with me. I remember nights talking to my companions about our future husbands and in reality mine was just down the street! I don't know why we served together for such a long time, and most people when they find out that we were around each other that long raise an eye brow, but for me I never thought of Todd as anything more than "Elder Bishop" until the last week of my mission when I realized how great of a team we made together, and we do. I love that Todd and I served together because we share something so wonderful, and I am excited for the day when we can be missionaries again, but this time as companions. So, here we are five years later, married with two adorable kiddos. I am grateful that 5 years ago I entered the MTC to serve a mission, that I made that decision with the help of the spirit, and for all the blessings that have come into my life since.


1 comment:
You are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment