Friday, June 15, 2007

Camping

When I was a 15 year old Mia Maid and I was trying to certify to be a CIT councilor for girls camp I was sent on a 15 mile canoe trip. It was challenging. When I was 18 I went on a Llama trek through the grand Teton mountains for a week. It was tough. In actuality they were cake walks compared to camping over night with two little kids. In preparation for our camping trip with Todd's family in August we took a little "test drive" if you will of camping with the boys. It was exhausting. The good thing is we now know what we need to do, get, and prepare for, for our trip in August. Over all though it was a good memory and all joking aside even though camping with two little kids isn't high on my list of favorite things to do, we had a good time. Thatcher loved roasting marshmallows and sleeping in the tent. Todd and Thatcher went fishing the next day and Thatcher loved it. After they got back from fishing Thatcher had about enough with this camping thing and kept saying, "car seat, home, go in the car, car seat home". It was pretty funny.


Thanks to all my years at girls camp and my fall semester on "The Program" I don't need to rely on my Eagle Scout husband to make a fire! That is right, this fire was ALL me!


Thatcher and our tent. Thatcher wasn't used to the ground being so uneven so needless to say he has a few mementos on his legs of our camping trip.

2 comments:

Shae said...

ok, A)You have always been a pyro and 2)I totally forgot about the llama trek...ha ha ha! It made me laugh out loud!

The boys are so cute! I love that they love each other so much. We are planning a camping trip later in the summer...I am nervous!!

Anonymous said...

Shalee is right you have always been a pyro--so no it doesn't surprise me that you made a bon fire for a camp fire!!!

And I must say I am proud of you for listening at girls camp!!! It brings back the memory of what you once told me at girls camp when you saw the expression of shock on my face after you successfully met the demo of requirements that we just had taught you that week--you said to me--"Mom, it's not that I don't know how to camp--it's just that I choose not to put myself through that misery"!

You are a funny lady!