Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rachael's Randoms

I think I will start a tradition where every week I post some of my random thoughts...lets call it Rachael's Random's.

This week we have started potty training Thatcher. It is not fun. But we are trying to make it as fun as possible for little Thatch. Let's just say my couch, futon, and carpet might never be the same. I guess we will have to do the same thing we did after we potty trained Rorey, get the carpets cleaned. Yuck. I guess we won't go anywhere for a couple weeks as he gets used to this new part of his life. Poor thing.

I am still pretty excited about our van. I even volunteered to go make a quick trip to the grocery store last night for Dog Food and Diapers (something I usually get Todd to do on his way home from work!) just so I could drive the van. Like "la melenzana" (our Saturn that I named) we are looking for a name for our van. I usually call over sized things, "the beast" ie: the HUGE umbrella that I used on the mission that my companion and I could easily fit under, and our double stroller; so that one is taken. Any suggestions will be considered. When I am not suggesting to take rides or quick trips in the van I have been guilty of just looking out the garage door at it. Pathetic? Maybe. But I guess it is really true that you appreciate something so much more when you have had to wait for it for a long time. Basically, in a nut shell...I heart our new van.

We are also doing our backyard right now which is really fun. Todd has been working hard on the flagstone and sometimes after we put the kids to bed at night I go outside and sit in the rocker and read to him while he works. We are currently reading together 'The Children Of The Promise' series by Dean Hughes. I read the whole series before my mission and I knew that Todd would love them. We are already hooked. I really love Tucson and the summer nights. It will be so fun to have our backyard done with some greenery, a garden, and a patio to enjoy. We have pretty much settled on getting this patio furniture. I love it. We are going to wait until the yard is done and have it be the last thing we get.

A friend of mine talked today and decided to change play group from a formal group setting to a Pool Day every Tuesday at the pool in our community. Everyone will bring a sack lunch for them and their own kids and we will swim and play and eat. Fun! We also talked about starting Joy School in the Fall for our kids! I can't believe Thatcher will be old enough for Joy School!

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Rachael's Randoms . . . as opposed to the other well thought out postings . . .

mylittlegems said...

i enjoy Rachael's Randoms.... fun- playgroup arrangement will be great-

Marilee said...

It's too bad "The Beast!" is taken - that umbrella was a classic. Why didn't I bring it home with me? Oh yeah, probably because it never would have fit and was pretty much ruined after waiting at the busstop in that rainstorm.
As for the van, hmmmmm, let's see. How about "the Bidwi?" Oh wait, that one's taken. Ummmm, "Xman?" (Hey, I don't mind having a large minivan named after me!)

If you don't like that, other possibilities include: "The Pink Silky" (though I guess it would have to be the silver/gray silky??), Atkins, or Cheesecake.
Take your pick!