On our way home from the library today we got caught in a HUGE thunderstorm. It was crazy/a little scary/hilarious. The boys and I were SOAKED and I cannot believe Taggy actually fell asleep! Poor little guy. As we were walking in the rain and I was pushing the stroller I couldn't help but think of the Pioneers on this day when we commemorate their arrival to the Salt Lake Valley. I only had to walk for 1 mile in the pouring rain with two kids crying and screaming. The rain was blinding and I could hardly open my eyes at times. As a mother I cannot imagine what those great pioneer women had to go through. I am grateful for and admire their sacrifice and faith, their diligence and dedication. As for us we are safe and warm and waiting our new stroller to come with a weather guard!
Smalleys 2018
7 years ago


9 comments:
I love that picture! You are seriously soaked :)
I can't believe Taggy fell asleep!! I am as well, amazed at the Pioneer women!
Oh boy what a fun experience!
Hey Rachael,
Will you email me your address for the activity bag swap? skadams80@cox.net
Thanks!
Sara
Hey at least it rains there! We miss your fam! -Cindy
I bet they have a little bit better drainage system there. In tucson the rain makes the roads turn into rivers!!! Remember!!! I guess you haven't been gone that long. I'll call you!
oh my gosh racheal. this is funny/scary. Honestly, the things we do with our kids!! Love it. hope you are doing well. looks like you are having a great time in boston.
You look like you are having a lot of fun. It is these memories you will look back on when the kiddies are all grown up.
hahahahaha - so glad you took a pic!
Post a Comment