Thursday, September 25, 2008

One of the Thousand...


Do you know who this is? If you have a child between the ages of 0-5 you do. It is Handy Manny! He is a Disney Channel favorite, especially among little boys. My boys love this cute little show. What is not to love? Manny can fix anything, and his tools are his helpers and they all talk and sing, but not only do they talk and sing, they talk and sing in English AND Spanish!
(on a side note, Thatcher thinks that any other language is Spanish, thanks to Diego, Dora and Manny. He has told kids on the playground speaking Chinese, "Hey, stop speaking in Spanish, I don't understand you!". He also tells Todd and I when we speak Italian or Maltese that we are speaking Spanish. Where did we go wrong? We continually tell him, very emphatically, that we do NOT speak Spanish!! No offense to those who do, it is a beautifully language, but just not as beautiful as Italian. Face it, you know it is true. :) No matter how hard we try, he insists that we do. We are working on it.) I digress...
So, the other day I couldn't figure out how to work the USB port in our computer. Something was stuck in there. I kept asking Thatcher what he jammed in there and he finally told me, "Don't worry Mommy, Daddy will come home and fix it, he is like Handy Manny, Daddy can fix ANYTHING". It was very cute, and endearing. Thatcher has always been amazed at Todd's capabilities to fix anything, and frankly so have I. This is one of the thousand reasons I love my husband. He is such a great handyman. I really do think he can fix anything. Just the other day my blow dryer died, again. I was so frustrated and Todd grabbed the dryer and some cut cords and electrical tape later, it worked! Just as I was typing this post, Thatcher brought a toy to me for me to fix, and I said, "Daddy will fix it when he gets home". I say that a lot. I just love our own Handy Manny!

Todd fixing the USB port, with both of the boys watching intently. So cute.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! Thatcher is right--Daddies seem to be able to fix anything; their little girl's broken heart, bad days at school, disappointments in life, yes,their tool belts are so magical!
And your "Handy Mandy" is so wonderfully handy. Lucky Thatcher and Taggie!

Love you, Hug and kisses!
Mom

Mason Family Blog :) said...

You have your own Handy Mandy! I have even seen that show, and I don't even have kids lol. I don't remember how I have seen it though.....

Donna said...

Lucky! My hubby can do lots of things, but being Mr. Fix-It isn't one of them. I wish one of us were better at that. It would probably save us a lot of time and money!

Becky said...

Rach = SO good to see you and your mom at TOFW. I wanted to let you know that we are having a bloggers luncheon at my mom's house on the 7th of NOV. 10am session with lunch after. She wanted me to make sure you and your mom knew about it in case you can come. More details to follow on my blog - so check back with me. Let your mom know!

Price Family said...

How cute! That is so funny to think of it as your own handy manny! Caden says the same about Josh and I love it...that was something I missed a TON when Josh was gone, cause I can not fix anything..

Becky said...

Rachael, can you and your mom still come to the blogging luncheon on november 7th? session at 10am with lunch at noon. let me know - would LOVE to have you!!!

Amberli said...

seriously, so so cute! i love it.

Kelli and Chad said...

We know Handy Manny well in my house! Kemper thinks he is Handy Manny, that is probably my husband the builders fault too though, Im sure.

The Holyoaks said...

Let's get going and fix it right. Twist and turn, make it tight. Trabajamos juntos, we work together now.

Cut it, measure it, tap it flat. Bend and twist, just like that. Each of us has a special job. We work together, todos juntos. We work together now!

(Macy is obsessed with Manny. I almost considered making her Manny for Halloween - ha! Okay, not really.)