This morning while watching the session of General Conference President Thomas S. Monson announced 5 new temples to be built. One of those, and the last one he announcent, was the Rome Italy Temple. I was right in the middle of bite of bean dip and chips. Immediatly I felt as though my heart had burst, I gasped, and started to bawl like a little baby. Oh how I love those Italian and Maltese people! How I have prayed for this day for them! A temple of God will finally be close enough for them to enjoy those blessings on a very regular basis. I remember being a missionary thinking that this day wouldn't come until I was old and gray. It is a testimony of literal miracles. The work is progressing and these wonderful saints will have a temple. Todd and I are going to try to make it for the dedication. It will be a wonderful event to bring our children to. Our hearts and our love will forever be tied to Italy. AUGURI!
8 comments:
That will be so cool if you and Todd are able to go to the dedication of the Rome temple since it's in a place that means so much to you. It sounded like the audience at the Conference Center was especially surprised at the announcement of that one. It's so awesome!
I was really happy about the Philadelphia announcement because that's where I went to college and lived for four years. Hooray for temples! :)
See you at the dedication! I am so thrilled for the Italians. I wish I could have been with them to hear the announcement! It must have been awesome.
I thought of you today when the temple was announced. Oh happy day! Hurrah for Israel!
First I gasped, then I immediately thought of you today when that was announced :) Love ya
Yay!!!! The lord truly does hear our prayers :).
I know I'm a little late on this, but I actually thought of you guys too when I heard that announcement. And since Italy is pretty much the number one place I want to see and Jason and I would LOVE to serve a mission there, that makes it even better! So great!
I know I'm a little late on this, but I actually thought of you guys too when I heard that announcement. And since Italy is pretty much the number one place I want to see and Jason and I would LOVE to serve a mission there, that makes it even better! So great!
Post a Comment