We finally got around to doing somethings that I have wanted to do for a long time; make a Family Mission Statement AND make Job Charts for the boys...
Done...

...and done.




It is amazing how doing those two little things has really brought so much more organization to our chaotic lives.
We are breaking down our Family Mission Statement and focusing on one "principal" each family night. Todd has been putting power point presentations together (inspired by my Dad while we were in Rhode Island for Christmas) for FHE. It is hilarious/awesome how much the boys LOVE it. This last Monday to introduce our Family Mission Statement, we talked about Moroni and the Title of Liberty and the boys didn't make a PEEP the whole presentation. For our boys that is a miracle and Todd and I couldn't stop ourselves from laughing.
The boys are earning tickets every day for privileges. Gone are the days (hopefully!) when they would beg me in whiny voices to "play the wii" or "a treat". Now we simply say, "do you have tickets for that?" It has worked great so far.
It has made for much happier boys...


...and also a much happier Mommy.
And you know what they say,
"when Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"
...words of a wise man.
On another note here are some pictures from a day at Joy School at our home.









I love these kids. My kids love these kids. I also love their Moms. My kids also love their Moms.
They are a great bunch of ladies and I feel tremendously blessed to have been able to live near them, get to know them, be inspired by them, and call them friends.
I am SO GRATEFUL for the support group that we have had while here at MIT.
Don't even get me started on thinking about leaving Cambridge in a few months. I may or may not have started crying while on the elliptical at the MIT gym yesterday thinking about graduation, closing another chapter of our lives, and saying too many good-byes.
Oh well, I won't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow.


4 comments:
i really love this (especially the mission statement)! you are inspiring me!
Wow, you are such a great mom, Rach! I think you would get along great with my sister...I'm sending her this link now. That mission statement sounds like something she'd love!
How cute those joy schoolers are! Love your mission statement! Your boys totally love the ticket awards! Cute and fun ideas!
Remember when you rewarded the children you baby sat for? Good times!
Love ya!
you are such a cute mom...those boys are so lucky!
Post a Comment