Sunday, July 15, 2007

"There are places I remember...."

Summer time seems to be reunion time. Reunions have been on my mind lately as I am currently planning a 10 year reunion of a program I went on in the Fall of 1998. I cannot believe it has been almost 10 years. My freshman year of college I went on this exchange program with Ricks College and I met some really great people that I have remained friends with these last 10 years. My good friend Kaylyn and I are planning a big shindig next summer where we will all meet back up in Rexburg and have a good time seeing and hearing what everyone has been up to. It is amazing to see how much has happened in 10 years!

We also have my family reunion at Bear Lake that we are going to this upcoming week and Todd's family reunion in August where will be going camping at Zions.

This past weekend we also had a reunion of sorts. We got together with Killian Herring and Jill (Carter) Holyoak who we were in the MTC with. Killian Jill, and I were in the same MTC district and Todd was in our sister district. Jill and her cute family drove down from Phoenix and it was really good to see her and finally meet her little Macy who is just a doll! We had a fun night with dinner and games and laughed pretty hard (you're killian me!). It is always such a nice feeling to reconnect with old friends. I am sure this is what heaven must feel like. Jill and I are kindred spirits and I think our relationship is a lot like that of the pair of friends from Beaches. We met in the MTC and became really good friends right away. I have lots of funny memories with this crazy girl. Jill went to the Rome mission and I went to the Catania mission and we wrote each other our whole missions. I used to look forward to her letters because they were so dang funny and would brighten my day. We both came home and married elders from our missions and now we both live in Arizona. We talk almost every day on Google chat. In a nut shell I love this girl. I know she was one of the people I was supposed to meet on my mission. It was really fun to see our kids playing together. It was love at first site for Taggy. He couldn't stop staring at Macy. Or maybe he was just amazed to see someone around his size, after hanging out with us and Thatcher all the time. The Holyoaks are moving to Seattle soon, we will miss them!

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Precious! And don't you ever forget...if you plan on become a serial killer, I will know if it was you or not. I'm good like that.

Anonymous said...

What a cute friend! I am glad you all could get together and laugh about old times!!!

Love ya sis

Mom

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm macy has a sexy little ass on her, i know she couldn't take me balls deep but i bet she can take at least 3" in her