Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kentucky Livin' and Kentucky LOVIN'!!

I have one thing to say...I was born to be a southerner! We are LOVING Lexington! We arrived right smack in the middle of the worst snow/ice/winter storm in 9 years, but it didn't put a damper on our new love affair with Kentucky!

Those of you who know me know I love a good top ten list...so to sum it up here is the...

TOP TEN THINGS WE LOVE (SO FAR) ABOUT KENTUCKY...

10. Our brand spankin new apartment. Is it sad that the boys kept talking about how white the walls were and how nice the carpet felt the first few days we were here? Yes, yes it really is.
9. Listening to everyone's southern drawl and having perfect strangers call you "honey" "dear" and "sweetheart". They are so warm and friendly!
8. All the Walmart Super Centers. Kentuckians LOVE Walmart, and I am fan. Everything here is SUPER affordable. I still have sticker shock when I am shopping.
7. Todd loving his internship with Amazon.com and the project he is on...
and we love having him around a whole lot more!
6. Living in the lap of luxury with a dishwasher AND a washer and dryer. I feel so spoiled!
5. Our Ward. After hearing the first few speakers our first Sunday Todd and I turned to each other and said, "Sold". It really has been wonderful. Thatcher is LOVING Sunbeams, and has the nicest teachers. I am so relieved. Tagg loves Nursery here, mostly because they have a slide. I am basking in the normality of the Relief Society and Todd is amazed at how great the Elders Quorm is. It is like a breath of fresh air, let me tell ya!
4. All the fun things they have to do for families and kids.
3. The gym and tanning bed at our apartment complex...ummm hello?! SO nice.
2. The rolling hills and all the horse farms, it is really so beautiful! I can't wait until Spring, I hear it is breathtaking.
1. Having this fun new adventure together as a family!

So in a nut shell we are liking it so far!
Here are some highlights of what we have been doing the last couple weeks.

Todd's welcome gift from Amazon. Good ol' Kentucky made BBQ sauce and Maple Syrup. It doesn't get much better than that folks!
I love these pictures of the boys drinking at McDonald's Playland, a favorite place of ours for the boys to get some energy out.


Friday Night Pizza and Movie Night!



Classic Tagg face, so glad I caught it!

Todd perfecting his english muffin masterpiece!

Thatch and Tagg all ready to watch the movie!

Thatcher with his missing front tooth! This kid is going to be the end of me!

We went to this awesome place called "Kids Place". Basically it is like a giant room full of ropes to climb, slides to slide, polls to slide down and balls to romp around in. A little boys dream.



Do you think they look worn out enough? They slept well this night! :)

I have been baking a lot lately. I don't know why. I just got the baking bug. In the spirit of Valentines Day I made these cookies for a church function. These, my friends, are the cookies that de-veganized my dear Todd. Oh yes, it is true. These are his weakness. Peanut butter cookies with candy kisses.

Tagg has been talking more and more...here is a cute little video to show off his new skills.

7 comments:

cari said...

So glad you guys are enjoying it out there. You've just about convinced me to move to the south.

Niki said...

Yeah, a new post! I am glad that you are liking Kentucky! The video is SO cute. Emma is talking more too, and her little voice is so precious. We need to video her more. Glad you are doing well, and yeah for super Walmart, I wish we had one here!

HRH mbs said...

Bloom where you are planted!

Love your POSITIVE outlook wherever you are! No wonder you were great missionaries!

Take advantage of all the wonderful places and things to do in each city you live in!

It helps your children adapt more readily to changes in their lives!

familywithfivekids said...

So thrilled for you and your family - sounds like you are having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see your blog updated!!! Good to hear that Todd is enjoying his internship!!! He'll be great!!!
And the boys look good and looks like they are having a blast in their new apartment!!! You are such a good mother--making pizzas and having movie night!!! Let me guess--Thatcher wanted all of the lights out!!! He is so funny! And you caught Taggs "squishy face" on camera! I miss that cute cabbage patch face that he makes!

Give all of your boys (even the big one) our love!! We love and miss you all!!

P.S. It really doesn't suprise me that you like the south--after all it was you that made me watch Gone with the Wind a million times with you--Scarlet!

McCallisters said...

I love checking out your blog to find it updated including THE man, Neil Diamond doing his thang.

Good luck in Kentucky. Spencer's sister lives in Louisville and they've enjoyed it.

The Holyoaks said...

We spend quite a bit of time at McDonald's too. Love me some french fries.