"School Time"...we try to have this a couple times a week. Taggy does colors and shapes, and Thatch works on his letters, numbers, and simple reading.




We went to Keeneland a couple Saturdays back. Keeneland is a BIG deal, and they take this horse racing biz-nass SERIOUS around here. Amazon.com has a big tent every year and all the managers go and eat and drink (I'm not talking soda here kids) and then go watch the race. We didn't know too much about it all, so we were stuck in traffic for 2 hours trying to get into the area. It was nuts. We were there for about 30 minutes before having to head home to relieve the baby sitter. Nonsense. It was really fun to see this little piece of Lexington culture though.

I thought I would document the view from our day...waiting in riduculous amounts of traffic. At least it was a BEAUTIFUL day!

Thatcher lately has been making lots of "inventions". This boy is a smarty pants and it is going to be some serious trouble for me I can already tell. He learned about pulley's and simple machines from Sid the Science Kid (who says TV rots your brain?:) ) Now he is obsessed with making contraptions with pulley systems.
Thatcher also has been going around the house saying "Ni hao!" and "Tou Shur". He seems to have his Daddy's knack for picking up languages. He loves to learn new words in Spanish (Dora!), Chinese (Kai-lan), and Italian (Todd and I). He is one funny kid.
Here are the boys yesterday morning showing me how their "trap" works!


While Thatcher is our inventer and language master, Tagg is our creative boy. He loves to play with his cars and toys and make them have conversations with each other. He has the funniest immagination and we love seeing what he is going to pretend doing each day. The other day he pretended that he had a pet bird that he would cuddle and nuzzle and kiss. He kept this pet bird in an old plastic easter egg and anytime he went to do anything else, I would have to baby sit the pet bird.


Thatcher has become SUCH a big helper around the house, he LOVES to help me clean. We have been giving him more "chores" around the house, and he has been really good and doing them!


Todd and I have been staying up late making shirts for the boys to wear to Disney World. We are SO excited to go! (3 Days!)
Family shirts...



3 comments:
Rach, those shirts are TOO cute! I hope you have a blast at Disney. I wish we were going to be there at the same time - we're headed to Orlando on the 21st!
Oh, my goodness--how cute are those shirts! Your husband is such a sweetheart helping you make those shirts for "the boys"! What a fun idea--o.k. so maybe you are a little o.c.d. but what a fun mother! The only problem I see with your o.c.d. is that I feel soooooo sorry for the daughter in laws of your "the boys"!! Your sons will think your effort in all that you do for them is "normal"! How can their wives keep up?! I guess they will have to learn from the pro!
Have fun in D.W.! (It's D.W. just in case Thather sneaks on your blog and reads this comment!---I wouldn't doubt it!) Anyway take care of each other (as a mother I have to say things like this!) And have a blast!!!! Make lots of memories and take pictures of them to share with us when you get home!
LOVE YOU!
MOM
Cute boys...it's fun to see what they are up to. I'd be happy if Thatcher would come share his enthusiasm for cleaning with my two. And adorable shirts! If only we had the resources in Malta I'm sure we could have spent many a p-day making shirts! I can see it now "Gozo Girls!" "Jiena Sabiha!"
Post a Comment