Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day to the two best Dads in my life...

To My Dad...
I hope that you know how much I love you and appreciate your example in my life. I want you to know there are times when I am in a situation I will often think, "what would Dad do?". I treasure our wonderful memories together, and I thank the heavens I got your sense of humor! :) Thanks for all the years helping me with my homework, for encouraging me in my cross country days, for making a usually boring situation like a ride to school, so much fun, and for your weekly hilarious and inspiring letters on my mission. Probably most importantly thank you for always telling me stories about your mission and planting in me the desire to go. Everything good that I have in my life today is from serving a mission, and I owe that mostly to you. Thanks for being such a great Dad, and a wonderful Grandpa to my sons. I am so grateful that they have men like you to admire for their examples.
I hope you have a wonderful Fathers Day and that you feel loved and appreciated. Most of all I hope Dave gets off his rump and gives you a night off from doing the dishes and cleaning up...:) If I was there I would have made you this cake, because this kind of shirt always reminds me of you...I love you Dad.

To Todd,

I don't know if Thatch and Tagg will ever know how lucky they are to have you as a father. I feel so incredibly blessed that you are mine, and I am so grateful for the wonderful Daddy that you are to our boys. Honey, you are one heck of a diaper changer, midnight feeder, bath giver, tickler, bed time story teller, soother, picky back ride giver, comforter, and most of all you are a hard working and incredible father. We are so glad when Daddy comes home at the end of the day because you make our lives so much more fun! Thank you for all your diligence, hard work and sacrifice for our family. I am so thankful that our sons have you to emulate as they grow up and I am assured that they will be wonderful men, missionaries, husbands, and fathers someday having you as their example. I couldn't have asked for a more loving husband and father for my children, and I hope today you know how much the three of us love and appreciate you!

Proof that you are a great husband and daddy..

Wearing goofy shirts that I make and working hard so we can go to Disneyworld to see the boys' faces light up!

4 comments:

HRH mbs said...

WHat a nice tribute to your dad and husband. And, THAT CAKE? Awesome! Way to go!

The Holyoaks said...

That's funny how 'HRH mbs' thinks you made that cake! Hahaha. They must have scanned your blog instead of reading it completely. BUSTED.

Love ya like a brutha.

Niki said...

What a wonderful tribute to your father and husband!!!

LL said...

RACHAEL. It was so good to hear from you. I've seen you a couple times on FB and wondered if you'd remember me :)
I look forward to looking through your blog. WHEN did you guys move to Kentucky???