Thursday, July 05, 2007

Oh Beautiful For Spacious Skies....



Happy 4th of July! We had a great holiday yesterday starting off with a neighborhood BBQ. Yesterday was 109 here in Tucson and it was HOT! We lasted about an hour at the BBQ before becoming too miserable to have fun. Last night we went up to the foothills to watch fireworks with our neighbors the Tonks. Thatcher had a blast playing with the balls and Frisbees before the firework show started. We are grateful for our beautiful country and the freedoms we enjoy. At this time of year we remember our troops who are overseas "who more then self their country love". We are proud to be Americans!


Hanging out in the stroller.


Chris and Melanie James. They are in our ward and I work in the Primary with them. We feel so lucky to have so many members of our ward that live in our neighborhood!


On the blanket after playing waiting for the fireworks to start.


This is the way the cowboys ride...


I don't know how well you can see this picture, but Thatcher is throwing a frisbee with some older kids we met at the park...he thinks he is 8, not 2.

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I have a feeling Macy will be like Thatcher, playing with the big kids. But I hope one day she's like mom and marries the little ones.

Anonymous said...

I feel proud that you and your family took the time and effort to celebrate the fourth. What a wonderful family memory honoring our country! One I see you haven't forgotten.

Love ya!

Amy said...

Wow! cute pictures and sounds like it is SUPER hot!! Remind me never to move to arizona!! Ha! Ha!