Saturday, August 25, 2007

30 is creeping up on me!

I had a great birthday yesterday! Thanks to everyone who sent cards, called, and thought of me! It was a very fun day and Todd really did a great job to make me feel special. I got what I wanted which was a photoshop program and I am excited to start digitally scrapbooking, making dvd's with our pictures, and sprucing up my blog! Todd and I went out to dinner last night at our favorite little restaurant called Pastiche. It was nice to get out by ourselves on a real date without the kiddos. Today my friends and I went out to lunch at Texas Roadhouse. This is a great tradition that we started to all go out to lunch for every ones birthday. It was really fun, and I am just glad that I didn't have to sit on their huge saddle for them to sing Happy Birthday to me!

With this birthday I have realized 30 is just around the corner. I am feeling old. Never mind that I am getting gray hairs, although I blame most of them on Thatcher and a few on Todd :), I was sitting on the couch watching a TV show about Disney World's new attractions and I kept thinking, "wow they have done a lot of new stuff to Disney World in the last few years, I was just barely there and none of this was there!" Then after adding in my head I realized it has been 10 years since I had been to Disney World. What? I can't believe it. Almost 10 years since I graduated High School and went to college. Wow. Time sure does fly when you are having fun. Good thing I have a younger husband to keep me young!


This picture is for my parents who love to snap pictures of me blowing out candles with big puffy cheeks!


Sara, Cami, me and Teresa at Texas Roadhouse for lunch...yummy!

4 comments:

Shae said...

AHHH! A. Happy Birthday (sorry I am 2 days late but does it count that I did THINK about you on Friday?) and 2. What a fun birthday! I am so glad that you have such good friends there! I want to move there! and 3. Mhux 30...you are not close enough to worry yet. And D. I think the gray hairs are from Elder Bishop in Malta...that Elder was CRAZY! ha ha. Happy Birthday again!

mylittlegems said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Holyoaks said...

and the world's worst friend award goes to Jill Holyoak! So sorry I missed your birthday. It looks like you had a great time. I hope we are still friends because I love you so stinkin much.

Anonymous said...

It does a mother's heart well to see that even though extended family can't be there for your birthday you have such a loving husband and great friends!!!!
And yes, we love the puffy cheeks blow out of the Birthday candles!!!!!! We are glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!!! But please enough with the 30 comments!!!!! Goodness--you are three years away!!!! and don't worry about the greys!!!--Miss Clairol takes care of that department!!!!

Love ya!

Mom