I have had a lot of comments from friends and family that I haven't been updating my blog as much as I usually do. To put it in a nutshell these last few weeks have been INSANE. I really have felt like a single parent and have had to adjust to a schedule where Todd has been at work from dawn to late at night. He also went out of town this past week to Curacao. If you have never heard of this island in the Caribbean, you aren't alone. When he told me over the phone where he was going, the day before he left, I thought for sure he said Carousel, and I was amazed that there was a country with that name. I made him take the camera, so I will post pictures of his vacation, I mean "business trip" soon! :)
Some updates on the fam are:
Thatcher has been saying some hilarious things lately, and I find myself laughing at him all day long. Or that is what if feels like anyway. So either he has gotten really funny, or I am seriously adult deprived and I am reverting back to life as a three year old. We had stake conference this last Sunday and as we past the freeway entrance that we usually get on to head to church, Thatcher noticed and asked me where we were going. I told him we were going to church. "NO we aren't!" he told me, and I explained to him that we were going to a new church today, a big church and I explained Stake Conference to him. He obviously didn't like what he was hearing. I then see him in the review mirror shaking his head and as he rolls his eyes and says, "Taggy, we aren't going to church". So obviously my three year old think that his mom has completely lost it, good thing I have him around to help me along my way! :) It was like he was telling Taggy, "oh geez Taggy, Dad is out of town and Mom is completely off her rocker!" After we pulled into the parking lot he saw the Stake Center and exclaimed, "this isn't MY church!". After going over one more time how this is a new, big church, and how we are going to a big meeting with LOTS of people to hear the Stake Presidency talk to us. As he got out of the van he said, "I just want to go to nursery, not to a big meeting"...oh no. So after a melt down in the parking lot because I told him there wasn't nursery today, we made it inside. He cracks me up!
I have still been working hard on my goal for this year of loosing weight (Loosing Weight in 2008!) and I am happy to report that I have lost about 30 lbs.!! I am really excited that I can do this right now for myself so that I can be a more healthy mom with more energy, which I have already noticed. I have actually really got into my new way of eating and counting calories. It is like game, and I really love it.
The last little update is we are heading to Disneyland tomorrow! We are really excited! This is the first family vacation that we have taken by ourselves with our little family. So, we will have lots of pictures to post when we get back!
Some updates on the fam are:
Thatcher has been saying some hilarious things lately, and I find myself laughing at him all day long. Or that is what if feels like anyway. So either he has gotten really funny, or I am seriously adult deprived and I am reverting back to life as a three year old. We had stake conference this last Sunday and as we past the freeway entrance that we usually get on to head to church, Thatcher noticed and asked me where we were going. I told him we were going to church. "NO we aren't!" he told me, and I explained to him that we were going to a new church today, a big church and I explained Stake Conference to him. He obviously didn't like what he was hearing. I then see him in the review mirror shaking his head and as he rolls his eyes and says, "Taggy, we aren't going to church". So obviously my three year old think that his mom has completely lost it, good thing I have him around to help me along my way! :) It was like he was telling Taggy, "oh geez Taggy, Dad is out of town and Mom is completely off her rocker!" After we pulled into the parking lot he saw the Stake Center and exclaimed, "this isn't MY church!". After going over one more time how this is a new, big church, and how we are going to a big meeting with LOTS of people to hear the Stake Presidency talk to us. As he got out of the van he said, "I just want to go to nursery, not to a big meeting"...oh no. So after a melt down in the parking lot because I told him there wasn't nursery today, we made it inside. He cracks me up!
I have still been working hard on my goal for this year of loosing weight (Loosing Weight in 2008!) and I am happy to report that I have lost about 30 lbs.!! I am really excited that I can do this right now for myself so that I can be a more healthy mom with more energy, which I have already noticed. I have actually really got into my new way of eating and counting calories. It is like game, and I really love it.
The last little update is we are heading to Disneyland tomorrow! We are really excited! This is the first family vacation that we have taken by ourselves with our little family. So, we will have lots of pictures to post when we get back!


2 comments:
Wow, 30 lbs is impressive! Way to go! You'll have to tell us your weight loss secrets.
And no, I've never heard of Curacao
congrats on the weight loss :) and hope Disneyland is really fun- you'll have to tell us all about it... glad to hear everything is going well for you! hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment