
So it is fall. I am reminded of this only by the date. October 10 (It is also double Ten day, lucky day, if you are Chinese or have any Chinese connection...it is also the date that I want to have a child in the future 10/10/10...wouldn't that be a cool birthday?) Anyway...I hate to admit this but I do miss the seasons. It is still hot here, even though the mornings and evenings are getting cooler. I feel like I should be making pumpkin bread, and breaking out my sweaters, and decorating with pumpkins and corn stalks, but technically if I wanted I could still go to the pool everyday.
I found the above picture online and it made me miss fall in New England. I don't think there is another place on earth that has more stunning fall colors. I love the falls there. And summers there. And springs. And winters...basically I guess after all this time I am finally admitting that I really love New England. I want to move to BOSTON! Boston is so homey feeling to me. As most of you know Todd applied to MIT for this upcoming June and if we get in we will be moving all the way across the country to Boston. We are keeping our fingers crossed. I want my boys to see and play in the snow. I want to go running in the crisp fall air. I want to eat cannoli and walk down the south end. I want to go to a Red Sox game. I want to see people who knew me when I was 14. It would be like going home. When Todd married me, he asked me if I was attached to New England...I told him that I didn't' have any attachment there, it was just a place that I lived for six years. I guess I am realizing now...I lied.


2 comments:
I must admitt New England is beautiful in the Fall!!! The trees are turning such lovily colors and the smell of fall is in the air! Life is good! New Engand is calling you back--good luck to Todd--MIT will be such a wonderful opportunity for you all!!! We'll cross our fingers and pray for this blessing in your life!
True, New England in the fall cannot be described in words. In the Autumn, you think this place is what heaven must be like, but then you go to church and change your mind.
Post a Comment