Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lovebird Tag


I was tagged...again. I decided to do this tag because Todd and I will be separated for about seven weeks pretty soon and I was feeling sentimental.

1. Where did you and your husband meet?
We met on October 24, 2001. We both entered the MTC that day. We didn't get along great a first, but over time became good friends. Here is an interesting/funny story about us from our missions. Todd and I went to our first city together and we were on a train for about eight hours alone! In fact, before we left our mission president told us that we were to be companions that day and to not let each other out of our sight. I didn't speak Italian as well as Todd and felt very scared and unsure being in a foreign country all by myself. The whole day Todd looked out for me, translated for me, found connecting trains that we had to go on, and carried ALL of my luggage for me. I remember thinking in my mind "I want to marry a boy like him someday".

2. 1st thing said...
Probably something like "Come stai Anziano Bishop?" (How are you Elder Bishop?) or "Are you Jewish?" I used to think that Todd looked like Moses from the Prince of Egypt. I also used to sing "dradle dradle" when he walked by.

3. 1st date...
Our official 1st date was when I went to Texas for his homecoming and we went to a Play at the community center. Even though it was our official "first date" we had already said I love you, held hands, and talked about marriage. I never said our story was typical!:)

4. 1st kiss...
December 22, 2003.

5. Long/Short Courtship or engagement?
Okay, like I said we have a interesting story, not typical! :) Todd got home from his mission in November and we were engaged in December and we were married in May. It was fast. Here is the thing I always tell people...we served together for about 13 months. at least 9 of those months we saw each other everyday for at least two hours, plus meetings, church, ect. Todd had seen me mad (and yes, even at him!), happy, silly, grumpy, sick, pms-ing, ect. We saw each other in a variety of situations and got to know each other really, really well. When we fell in love, the only thing missing from our relationship was the romantic part, so we had a relatively long engagement to figure all that out.

6. Where did you get engaged?
The same ski resort that we kissed for the first time. It was December 24, 2003. It was a special date to us. He was really nervous, even though he denies that. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and I laughed. Typical. Then I asked him if he had prayed about it, and once he told me he did I said yes. I knew we were going to get married, I had known for a while, but I wanted to make sure he prayed about it. I guess I felt like he was really young, which he was, and didn't have as much experience in life as me and I didn't want him to regret that. But he doesn't. Turns out I am all the life experience he needs frankly! :)

7. Where and when were you married?
The Salt Lake Temple, May 15 2004.

8. How did the Reception go?
There were a few hitches here and there, but we were really so happy we didn't care until after it was all over! :) We had our reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and it was GORGEOUS! I LOVED my cake and decorations.

9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We stayed a couple nights at the Inn at Temple Square then stayed a few nights at a condo at the same ski resort we got engaged!

I tag anyone who wants to do this!

7 comments:

familywithfivekids said...

This is such a cute love story.

mylittlegems said...

This is a fun tag- I will do it and the ABC one from a while ago. Good luck with the move! WE are right there with you! miss ya.

Adrian said...

Sounds like you have a great hubby! So speaking of your hubby, I was talking to him on Sunday and he said that you are flying out soon and don't know if you'll even come back! What's the deal? Are you really going to be out of here for good in just a few short days? You weren't going to leave without saying goodbye were you??????????? (tear!)

McCallisters said...

Aahhh. . .how sweet! I love how you asked him if he'd prayed about marrying you before you'd say yes.

And I can't believe you did a Chuck E. Cheese party. You are a brave woman. Happy birthday Thatcher!

The Holyoaks said...

Why are there no details on the first kiss?

Unknown said...

You will never see this, but I just wanted to say I love you!!!

Mrs. B said...

I'm still in shock about how short of a time you dated (and yes, I've been reading your blog all day, even though I'm at work). So 1st kiss was 2 days before you got engaged?! Holy freakin cow!!! But then I guess Mark and I dating for nearly 2 years is pretty insanely long in the Mormon world :)
And you singing the dreidel song at Todd is freakin hilarious!