Friday, December 12, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....

SEATTLE! Seriously. It has been raining here for THREE days straight. I don't even know why I blow dry my hair in the mornings. By 10:00am my hair is a frizz ball that slightly resembles shrubbery. Rain, rain, GO AWAY! Where is the snow people? Are we not in New England?

Last weekend was the Westgate Christmas party. It was delightful. The theme was international holidays, and it was awesome. I love things like this. There were several booths set up about countries from around the world and how they celebrate the holidays. We did an Italian one. I wanted to do the table half Italian and half Maltese to be true to my heart, but didn't have access to any pastizzi. Maybe next year if I research ahead of time. Luckly for us, we live in Boston, aka: Italy in America. You don't have to go very far to get Pandoro, or Panatone, both of we served at our booth. When I opened that box of Panatone and smelt that unmistakable smell, I was brought right back to Consenza, and my heart was warmed. Such good memories. Anyway, it was a very cool night topped off with a visit from the big man himself. Santa. The boys almost died. It was pretty much the same reaction as when they saw Micky Mouse for the first time. Thatcher reminded me of little Ralphie on "The Christmas Story". He was half in shock, so much so that he almost forgot to tell Santa what he wanted. Just before he got off his lap he told him and was very relieved. HO. HO. HO!

Todd and the boys sampling some of the international goodies...

The Hanukkah Booth...a big hit with all the dreidles, donuts, and candy money! I couldn't keep Todd away from the dreidles, I don't know what is with that guy! :) Also, I learned something so cool. They serve donuts and basically anything fried because of the "miracle of the oil". Very interesting, and very yummy!

My cute friend Kate with her Irish booth

Germany

My friend Pam did a French booth, because they lived there for a few years.

My good friend Becky did a Swedish booth, her mom is Swedish and she has a lot of fun traditions that go along with her heritage.

The shock factor of Santa.

Trying to smile, but still in shock that he is on Santa's lap.

Tagg on Santa's lap.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Way fun Christmas party!!! Your kids look like mine on Santa's lap :) Too cute!! I hope it stops raining for you soon. Too bad we couldn't switch weather. I would love it if it rained here.

Brownies said...

whew, haven't checked your blog for a while. How exciting about your upcoming move! I like living in new places. I feel your pain about joy school. Baylie and I are doing it too. I am learning how to let things fly. Being three, they just want to play and destroy stuff so let them knock down your Christmas tree. It will be a blast.