Tuesday, March 31, 2009

He's FOUR!

Thatcher turned FOUR on March 23rd. First of all let me tell you I cannot believe that it has only been four years since Thatcher joined Todd and I, but also that these last four years have gone by SO quickly. We cannot imagine our family without our Thatcher. From the very beginning Thatch has been ahead of the game. He was three weeks early and raring to go, and he hasn't stopped since. Always curious, always wanting to learn, always one step ahead, he is a complete delight and brings us so much JOY!
Thatcher had been giving me very detailed instructions on how exactly he wanted his whole birthday to go down, so the pressure was on! He woke up to the house decorated and a big birthday breakfast with his fav, waffles with chocolate chips. This year he picked Wall-e for his birthday theme, and I made him a Wall-e cake. Todd joined us for a Chuck E. Cheese birthday lunch and lots of play time. It was so great to go to CEC's during the day, nobody was there! We had the whole place to ourselves, the boys loved it. We come home for cake and presents. It was a busy birthday day for our big FOUR year old.

The birthday boy! We gave him a Wall-e pin that said, "Birthday Bot", he wore it all day and wouldn't take it off!

The little birthday 'table scape' as Sandra Lee calls it.

Decked out, Wall-e style.

Excited boys playing with their Wall-e favors.

At Chuck E's showing off his button, sticker, and his age.

Birthday lunch of pizza and pop, I would have a picture here of Tagg too, but apparently he has been on a diet lately cause we can't get that kid to eat more than two to three bites.

A friendly game of air hockey, I told Thatch to take it easy on his old man.

Only in Lexington my friends, the Kentucky Derby horse ride.

Cutest little kid. Geez I can't believe how big he is!

Tagg trying to grab the ski balls.

They LOVED this ride.

I had to put this picture on here. Doesn't he look like one of these little 5 year old beauty queens with their fake smiles? I couldn't/can't stop laughing at this.

End of the day, you know it is time to go when they start getting this look. Mission accomplished.

Wall-e cake.



Present time...

Loved that I caught this expression...


He can't wait to make his birdhouse! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Monson!


He loves the ant books,dvd, and ant farm too! Thanks G&G Monson!
Legos.

Guess Who? Thatch loves games!

Thanks for the soccer ball Grandpa Bishop!

The aftermath of the cake, little finger prints in the frosting...


3 comments:

cari said...

Can't believe he's 4. What a handsome little guy. Awesome cake Rach. One day I'm going to turn on the food network and see you hosting a show on being supermom.

Mom said...

Yea!!!!!!! Birthday pictures!!!!!!!!!! What a fun day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the beauty queen smile!!! (Kind of reminds me of a little girl I used to know!)
And Rach, you have set the bar way too high for birthday cakes!!!! You really out did yourself on this one! It looks too good to eat!!! Good for you dear--how special you make your children feel! You are such a special mother and daughter!
Thanks for posting the birthday pictures! It is fun to see the excitement!!! Give those two darling young men a huge hug and kisses from their Grandma and Grandpa!!! (and of course the big guy in your life also! And no I don't mean Santa!)
Love you all!

S B H said...

I can't believe that Thatcher is FOUR YEARS OLD already!! I am feeling older everyday!
Oh, and I don't think that I've told you yet, so I suppose now is as good a time as any... I am PREGNANT! I am due October 7th and have been super duper sick :P Anyhoo, I'll keep you updated!