Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thatcher Batcher Pooster Dooster

That is a nickname we have for Thatcher. Todd invented it. I do not know how he came up with it. All we have to say is, "Thatcher Batcher..." and he will finish with the "Pooster Dooster". I don't know why I love to call my kids things like "Mr. Poops" "Little Poops" "Poopster". I think it is totally cute, but it actually is totally weird. Poor kids. I guess I should break that habit.
Here are some funny things out of Mr. Thatcher's mouth lately...
The other day he was thumbing through Todd's wallet (a favorite pastime) and he said, "Someday when I am older I am going to get my own wallet, but instead of a SILENCE with Daddy's picture my SILENCE will have a picture of Thatcher." Just to clarify he was saying SILENCE instead of LICENSE Todd pointed to his license and said, "What's this called again?" and he said, "A Silence." Love it. Did we correct him? No, and not only that but we will probably start calling it a silence around these parts.
The other day Thatcher asked us why we pray to Heavenly Father and not to Jesus. We explained it to him and then he reminded us that we do say Jesus in our prayers. We explained that we pray through the name of Jesus to Heavenly Father. Right after we left the room we heard Thatcher saying..."Dear Heavenly Jesus"...
Lately Thatcher has been telling perfect strangers that we are going to have a new addition to our family. I am not pregnant, so this comes as a complete surprise to me. After telling him that we aren't going to have another baby any time soon, he started telling random people at McDonald's or the store, "My Mommy is going to get a baby in her tummy soon!" Yikes. So uncomfortable. I even had some random guy come up to me and say "Congratulations". So embarrassing.
Thatcher is turning 4 in a couple weeks. I can't believe how quickly these 4 years have gone by. We LOVE our cute, smarty, funny Thatcher!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cute and all, but we would like to see more pictures! What is with you and words? Oh and if you think it is embarrassing for Thatcher to say you are going to be pregnant to random people. Just think what it feels like to me when Rebecca says to random people that I am going to knock her up! How EMBARRASSING!

Valerie said...

Ok, I was just going to commiserate with you and tell you that Jason calls our little ones "beasties," but I have to say Jonathan's comment was hilarious!! I'm still laughing!

Niki said...

Don't you just love nicknames! Matthew has a few for our kids too...not necessarily the ones I would pick, but the kids love it, so I just go with it. It must be a Dad thing :)

Turley Family said...

What thoughtful comments! Thatcher is one amazing boy! We miss you guys, but we are excited to see you again in a few months.