Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I Married Mr. Darcy

I am a huge Jane Austen fan. I still remember seeing "Sense and Sensibility" for the first time. I completely loved it. Some years later I saw "Pride and Prejudice" and dare to say that it challenged "Gone with the Wind" to be my new favorite movie. I then went and read every single Jane Austen book and fell in love with words like "thither" and the idea of a tortured and completely romantic love affair. So it does not surprise me that I married Mr. Darcy. Todd and I have our very own version of "Pride and Prejudice" he filling the role of Pride and me filling the role of Prejudice. And just like the classic novel and movie we realized in the end that we were perfect for each other. I totally love it.
And in true Jane Austen fashion there has been a very happy ending...

So if you are as big of a Jane Austen fan as I am you will love this video.

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I am trying to get in the spirit of this post but I'm having a hard time with Neil Diamond's "Kentucky Woman" stuck in my head! Still laughing my head off about that. Love you (and your little Darcy, too).

Valerie said...

Ah Rachael, you are a woman after my own heart! It just explains itself doesn't it? (sigh) Good stuff!

S B H said...

Couldn't agree with you more, Jane Austen is amazing. There were actually a couple of video clips in the YouTube video that I didn't recognize! Could it be that there is a Jane Austen movie out there that I have yet to discover and buy for myself!?! Now I must scour the internet and find it!